Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

The pursuit of any skill or art requires dedication, discipline, and steadfast practice, but the most important element in success is having the right coaches. I’m very grateful for all of the instructors I’ve had in my individual quests towards some goal. One of my greatest lessons is to really respect the knowledge and gift a coach offers as I’ve come to appreciate the value of a teacher more than ever in my own growth. I am humbled and grateful that I can, as a teacher in my field of expertise, be a contributor instead of a consumer. I not only instruct dance, but I motivate and mentor when a student experiences frustration or hits some temporary limitation. I feel an ever-growing appreciation for the influence my guidance may offer as I contribute to the achievement of someone’s goal. I am simultaneously grateful to my students who provide so much joy in my life, allowing me to coach them in their endeavor with a trust that I will guide them with my fullest capabilities. I learn a great deal from my students. They bring me constantly to an awareness of myself and to enjoy all the small, intangible moments I once so easily dismissed.

My quality of life is exponentially improved by both my teachers and my students. I’m thankful for both.

Thanksgiving is a personal holiday for me every day (without all the calories) as I hold myself to not just thinking and feeling gratitude, but showing and expressing it to others each day.


Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment